Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday Flimsy


Okay, this is another flimsy that resulted from that first idea for a quilt. As I was cutting for the second quilt, I knew that I would use the scraps for string piecing. I wanted to use a Piece O' Cake design that featured string-pieced strips alternating with non-pieced strips, with applique on one of the strips. However, my applique looked pitiful, so I abandoned that idea. After a few other false starts, I put all my pieces and parts together to come up with this flimsy. It ended up at 72 x 72 inches square, I think that is a fine size for a truly scrappy quilt!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I love it.That is a great idea for trying out different borders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering what to do with all my crumbs! Great way to use them up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a really awesome scrappy wonderful quilt. I like the center blocks! But the borders are really super...wonky and whimsical and just great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I love every flimsy I've seen on your blog! How wonderful to have blocks and stash from your mom. Even better to have one of her hand quilted quilts. :- )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and for commenting!