Monday, November 5, 2012

Design Wall Monday

This week I managed to rework a UFO, and use up some more of my old stash. I originally started this quiilt to use up the leftover red triangles from another quilt. I had started putting it together with the blocks set side by side, but it was very bulky and unappealing to me. I unpicked the sewing I had previously done, and added sashings and cornerstones(old stash). I really like it now! However, I am done with Christmas flimsies for a while. I do have a lot of Christmassy scraps from various projects left over that would look great as a pineapple quilt or a crumb quilt, but for now,
I will shove them into a dark corner and move onto something else. Visit Design Wall Monday at Judy Laquidara's to see what quilters form all over are working on!

6 comments:

  1. Your Christmas quilt turned out very well. The white sashing provides visual relief from the intensity of the reds and greens. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sashing and cornerstones look great on your pretty quilt! I keep finding bits of Christmas projects... hopefully by Christmas 2013 they will see the light of day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely flim from your redo. Looks like you could send it out and have on your bed in time for Christmas. The name of your blog made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very striking! So, simple in design, but the sashing really sets it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really graphic but warm and cozy looking--great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great. I am working on a rework also. It will feel so good to have it at the flimsy stage.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and for commenting!