Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday Flimsy






This flimsy is actually the third one I made out of the fabrics and scraps generated by the first one that I featured last week. I did not have a plan in mind when I started piecing the center 6" squares, I was just enjoying the mindless sewing. I still had quite a few larger scraps, so I decided to use the string pieced blocks as centers for the eight-pointed stars. I used one and a half inch strips for sashings, and surrounded it with a sawtooth border. I did add more scraps to this one out of my box of scraps, so it has a lot of different fabrics in it. I love this flimsy too - the scrappy, the better!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely darling, Amy! Love your "Liberated Quilting' here. Your work and sense of color are both fabulous!Saving a link to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and for commenting!