Saturday, November 21, 2009

Introduction to my blog

I have been a blog lurker for several years now, and due to the prodding of my family, have decided to start a blog of my own. Luckily I have teenage children to set it up for me, because I am not very technologically adept. My mom was a great sewer, quilter, and dollmaker, and she taught me to sew at an early age. I made my first quilt when I was in high school. I love the fabric, cutting, and piecing, but I have only quilted one quilt! The quilts I do have were quilted by my mom or by a friend of hers. Mom passed away almost two years ago, so now I need to figure out the quilting part of the process and make these flimsies into real quilts!

1 comment:

  1. what a great collection of quilts and projects you have blogged about :) my mom and grandmother "Momma Newt" were also both quilters and like you I didn't even get started into it until after they were both passed away. Quilting makes me feel closer to them ;) and is so fun!

    Love your blog - Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and for commenting!